- Ottinger Employment Attorneys Sues San Francisco-based Optimizely, Inc. for Racially Based Disparate Treatment, Retaliation, Violation of Whistleblower Protection and Failure to Pay Wages
OTTINGER EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS SUES SAN FRANCISCO-BASED OPTIMIZELY, INC. FOR RACIALLY BASED DISPARATE TREATMENT, RETALIATION, VIOLATION OF WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION AND FAILURE TO PAY WAGES
San Francisco, Calif. – April 8, 2019 – Ottinger Employment Attorneys, a leading law firm specializing in employment issues, today announced it has filed a civil suit against Optimizely, Inc., a privately held San Francisco-based software company whose customers include IBM, Microsoft, eBay and Apple.
Amongst other charges, the civil complaint alleges racially based Disparate Treatment, Retaliation, Violation of Whistleblower Protection and Failure to Pay Wages to the Company’s only African American executive.
The lawsuit, filed today in California Superior Court, San Francisco County arises from an all-too-familiar narrative: targeted racial discrimination against one of Silicon Valley’s only African American tech executives.
The Plaintiff in the case, Aaron McCormick, was the only African American Account Executive at Optimizely. Overcoming this lack of representation at Optimizely and in Silicon Valley in general, Mr. McCormick excelled at his work. He immediately became the second highest performing Account Executive at Optimizely after securing one of the Company’s largest deals with Apple, Inc., worth $1.9 million.
Despite this achievement, Optimizely excluded him from joining upper management on the President’s Club trip to the Caribbean. The trip was a reward for high performing Optimizely employees and anyone else CEO Jay Larson, in his discretion, elected to recognize. Without ever having a prior policy in place, Jay Larson told Mr. McCormick he was ineligible to go on the trip because he had not joined the Company prior to June. Mr. McCormick started in July and was thus the only individual impacted by this ad hoc policy.
CEO Larson and Optimizely also created a second policy directed solely and exclusively at Mr. McCormick. Optimizely imposed a higher sales quota on Mr. McCormick after securing the Apple deal while not raising the quota on other similarly situated, high-performing Account Executives. In other words, rather than reward Mr. McCormick for his objectively superior results and successes at the Company, Optimizely chose to single out and punish its only African American Account Executive.
To top it all off, Optimizely even refused to pay Mr. McCormick his full commission earnings, an action directed at no other Account Executive. Again, rather than reward Mr. McCormick for his work, Optimizely chose to single out and underpay the only African American Account Executive at the Company.
Mr. McCormick reasonably and lawfully responded to this illegal and unfair treatment by raising his concerns with Optimizely’s top executives, including Founder Dan Siroker and CEO Jay Larson. Optimizely responded by summarily firing him. In doing so, Optimizely has deliberately withheld nearly half a million dollars in commission wages from Mr. McCormick without justification.
Lastly, Optimizely required Mr. McCormick to sign an arbitration agreement, which if enforced, will keep Optimizely’s actions hidden from public view and permit this despicable conduct to continue behind the curtains of arbitration. Optimizely’s attempts to unfairly force arbitration to hide its dirty laundry from public view reflects another tactic employed by far too many tech companies seeking to keep secret the unjust and illegal workings at their companies. Recent protests by employees at Google, Uber, and Twitter have highlighted the fact that tech companies at Silicon Valley attempt to force arbitration specifically to hide claims of sexual harassment and racial discrimination from public view.1
Commenting on the case, Attorney Robert W. Ottinger, Founder and Principal of the Ottinger Employment Attorneys representing Mr. McCormick, said, “This is unacceptable and shocking that this kind of misconduct still happens in 2019. This entire matter has been devastating to my client both personally and professionally. Regrettably, ample current research by expert independent groups who study these things show that racial discrimination is alive and well in Silicon Valley, especially amongst executives. We look forward to presenting the facts to a Superior Court jury.”
Prior to the filing of this Complaint, Plaintiff filed charges of retaliation and failure to prevent harassment in violation of the FEHA with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”) against the Defendant. The DFEH charges arose out of the same facts alleged herein. On March 8, 2019, Plaintiff received a “right to sue” letter as to Defendant from the DFEH. Copies of Plaintiffs DFEH Charges and Notices of Right to Sue are attached to the Complaint.
The lack of racial diversity in Silicon Valley has become a public black eye for the technology world. While the media has paid much well-deserved attention to the gender gap in tech industries, recent studies have found that “racial disparities are far worse than gender disparities in Silicon Valley.”2 One study found that qualified white employees were 97% more likely to be chosen for executive positions than similarly qualified black employees, concluding that “race . . . is the largest obstacle in limiting minorities from taking managing and executive positions in the tech industry.”3 In fact, as of 2016, African Americans “made up [only] 7 percent of the U.S. high tech workforce, and just 3 percent of the total Silicon Valley workforce.”4 This persistent issue has led prominent publications like The New Yorker to ask, “Why Can’t Silicon Valley Solve Its Diversity Problem?”5
- See Nitasha Tiku, “Tech Workers Unite to Fight Forced Arbitration,” Wired, Jan. 14, 2019, available at https://www.wired.com/story/tech-workers-unite-fight-forced-arbitration/.
- Brentin Mock, “When It Comes to Tech, Racial Disparities Are Far Worse Than Gender Disparities,” CityLab, Oct. 5, 2017, available at https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/10/when-it-comes-to-tech-racial-disparities-are-far-worse-than-genderdisparities/542013/.
- Nico Grant, “Tech Companies Still Aren’t Hiring Black Workers,” Bloomberg News, Jun. 8, 2018, available at https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/tech-companies-still-aren-t-hiring-black-workers-1.1089919.
- Anna Wiener, “Why Can’t Silicon Valley Solve Its Diversity Problem?,” The New Yorker, Nov. 26, 2016, available at https://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/why-cant-silicon-valley-solve-its-diversity-problem.
Media Contact:Continue reading →
Black Ink PR
(323) 876-5006 desk
(323) 376-6787 cell
- 2020 Women on Boards Applauds NY State Pension Fund and BlackRock’s Pressure for More Women Directors
“2020 Women on Boards” Applauds NY State Pension Fund and BlackRock’s Pressure for More Women Directors
National Nonprofit Campaign 2020WOB Pursuing Awareness Strategy to Galvanize Support
Los Angeles, CA — March 27, 2018 – The national public awareness campaign 2020 Women on Boards (2020WOB) applauds two separate, timely actions by the New York State Common Retirement Fund and asset management firm BlackRock during the current 2018 proxy season. Both institutional investment organizations stated they will oppose re-election of corporate directors currently on U.S. corporate boards that do not currently have women on their boards. The NY State pension fund just announced it would vote against all directors of a company that has no women directors. And BlackRock in February said it would vote against the nominating committee chair on boards without at least two women directors.
“These two giant investors are taking the most concrete and targeted steps yet to turn the tide,” said Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, CEO of Los Angeles-based 2020WOB. “For many years now, research studies have shown that companies with women on their boards perform better than those with all-male boards, by many measures, including profitability. At the current national average of 16% seats held by women on public company boards, we are a long way from parity. But we are confident these historic announcements by such powerhouse investors will cause other shareholders and the public to take notice. People generally are quite surprised to learn how few corporate board seats are held by women. Nearly one-fourth of all public companies still have NO women directors on their boards.”
The 2020WOB strategy is to recognize and celebrate those public companies that have women directors, and try to help those who don’t. Accordingly this month, 2020WOB salutes 929 public companies of the Russell 3000 as “W” companies, so-named for “Winning” companies, that have at least 20% board seats held by women. This is the first year the 2020WOB research included all Russell 3000 companies. Since 2010, the research had tracked only Fortune 1000 companies. Among those, 174 were applauded for multiple years at the highest “W” level, as rated on the website www.2020WOB.com.
2020WOB is a nonprofit educational campaign (not a membership organization) that informs the public and collaborates with corporations to achieve at least 20% women directors on all boards by the year 2020—the milestone 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote.
“Being recognized for having at least 20% on boards enhances favorable image among shareholders, institutional investors, regulators, and customers,” Ms. Berkhemer-Credaire added. “With success among the largest companies in the Fortune 1000, the momentum is building. But we have a long way to go to achieve 20% among all public companies. Thankfully, these huge institutional investors are helping to lead the way.”
- On March 21, the New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli announced that the NY Pension Fund would vote its proxies against re-election of all board members on corporate boards that have no women directors. Major research studies have shown that companies with women on boards are more profitable and more productive.
- In February, BlackRock, with more than $6 Trillion in assets under management, announced it will vote against chairs of nominating/governance committees at boards with fewer than two women directors. This is first-ever recognition that having at least two women directors on boards serves shareholder interests.
- Even though research shows that having women directors on boards is a critical factor for improved corporate performance and profitability, nearly one-fourth of all public companies in the U.S. still have NO women on their boards of directors.
- Directors earn significant compensation of cash and stock for the advice and counsel they provide to the CEO and for attending quarterly board and committee meetings. Compensation can range from $50,000 to $250,000. This is a primary reason why corporate directors do not want to give up their seats until required. Some companies ask board members to retire at age 75, but others have no age limits.
- As of Dec. 31, 2017, nearly two-thirds (63%) of the Russell 3000 companies have fewer than 20% women directors. Adding just one woman to those boards would be an immediate uptick of 2,000 experienced women directors across the country. The national average of women directors on public companies is 16.2%. In California, the average is 15.5%, and for each of Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties, the number is lowest in the state at 12%.
- The pipeline of potential women candidates is overflowing with qualified and experienced executive women who have been in executive management for 30 years or more. The old excuse that “We just can’t find qualified women” is simply not true.
- Boards are allowed to add or reduce the number of directors any time they choose. One solution to bringing more women onto corporate boards within a year would be to simply add a seat specifically for a woman director.
- California in 2013 was first state in the nation to pass a Legislative Resolution urging all public companies in the state to have at least one woman board member, with goal of at least three women by end of 2016. Five other states passed similar resolutions. While establishing “quotas” is not a popular concept in the U.S., California is considering other legislative efforts to proactively move the needle.
What does 2020 Women on Boards do?
Nationwide public awareness campaign–not a membership organization—2020WOB is fueled by volunteer campaign committees in more than 20 cities that have staged annual events called “The National Conversation on Board Diversity” every November since 2012. In 2017, more than 3,500 women and men attended, and many more participated on social media. New mid-year workshops during summers will educate future women candidates in major cities. On Thursday, November 15, 2018, up to 30 cities will participate, with expected attendance of 5,000.
Founded in 2010 in Boston, 2020 Women on Boards has relocated its national headquarters to Los Angeles.
Annual tracking research citing women directors at public companies, utilizing the Russell 3000, Fortune 1000, and 2020WOB’s proprietary Gender Diversity Index, with status of more than 3,000 public companies shown on website: www.2020WOB.com.
Positive celebration of corporations and CEOs annually who add women to their boards, and monthly “Challenge” letters, offering help to companies with no women on their boards. Two-thirds of some 80 companies that received Challenge letters have added women directors.
Source of valuable and current information for shareholders, government regulators, institutional investors, business leaders, legislators, and university business schools. The Russell 3000 database is provided by Equilar, San Jose CA, and verified by 2020WOB staff.
Public Policy engagement—to track and encourage legislative efforts nationwide. Six state legislatures have passed Resolutions urging all public companies to have at least one woman director on boards, and suggesting at least three within three years. These actions have not caused the needle to move, but at least state governments are aware.
For interview requests for Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, CEO of 2020WOB and author of The Board Game: How Smart Women Become Corporate Directors, copies of her book, or more information please contact:
Margot BlackContinue reading →
Direct Desk: (323) 876-5006
Cell: (323) 376-6787
Margot at BlackInkPR dot com
- Never Too Hungover Presents 10 Fun Facts About Memorial Day Weekend
NEVER TOO HUNGOVER PRESENTS 10 FUN FACTS ABOUT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND;
Invites You to Celebrate AND Feel Great the Next Morning
Las Vegas, NV – May 24, 2017 – Never Too Hungover, the nation’s leader in the budding hangover prevention/recovery category, is thrilled to report that Memorial Day Weekend, the holiday Americans consider the official start of summer, is nearly here. It’s time to prepare for the occasion with a mix of tradition and healthy innovation.
If you’re planning to attend a party, throw a party or just chill and enjoy a few holiday beverages, what better way to ensure you, your friends and family enjoy the entire weekend – than with Never Too Hungover, the ultimate hangover prevention and recovery formula. Now you can work hard, play hard and feel great the next morning after the holiday.
But Memorial Day signifies more than just a three-day party weekend. Here’s ten fascinating facts about Memorial Day Weekend that mix serious reflection with a serious amount of fun.
- 818 hot dogs are consumed every second from Memorial Day to Labor Day – that’s 7 billion in total! Never too Hungover also rehydrates the body and restores vital nutrients.
- Etiquette dictates that Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to bring your party host or hostess a gift. Instead of the usual wine or beer? Stand out, be unique! Arrive with a case of Never Too Hungover so all the guests can celebrate the healthy way — and wake up feeling their best and brightest the next morning.
- While technically there is no law stating you must celebrate and imbibe on this holiday weekend it is, in fact, legally required to observe a National Moment of Remembrance. In December 2000, Congress passed a law requiring Americans to pause at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day to remember and honor the fallen.
- Around 62% of Americans plan to barbeque over the weekend. Unfortunately, 25% more home cooking fires than average happen on Memorial Day. Keep a close eye on your open fire and don’t cook too near a building. Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher nearby, and a six-pack of Never Too Hungover in your ice chest or refrigerator.
- Two of the biggest car races of the year, and major Memorial Day social events, will take place. The NASCAR Coca Cola 600 Race in Charlotte, North Carolina and the Indianapolis 500 in Indiana.
None other than social scene luminary Paris Hilton was quoted, “Woke up feeling like a boss, thanks to Never Too Hungover! Wow, it actually works!” She would know, right?
- Memorial Day was first observed by placing flowers on the graves of Union and Confederate soldiers on May 30, 1868. After World War I, Memorial Day was changed from honoring Civil War dead to honoring Americans who died fighting in any war.
Recently recommended by The Los Angeles Times, visit www.nevertoohungover.com to learn about its special, proprietary blend of herbs and nutrients.
- In 1966, Congress and President Lyndon Johnson declared Waterloo, New York, the “official birthplace” of Memorial Day.
- Memorial Day was formerly known as the Decoration Day.
- The longest running Memorial Day parade takes place in the town of Ironton, southern Ohio, where they have had a parade every year since 1868.
- Attended by more than half a million people, The National Memorial Day Concert is performed on the west lawn of the US Capitol Building in D.C. to pay tribute to the Nation’s fallen soldiers.
About Never Too Hungover
In 2006, Never Too Hungover Founder Parrish Whitaker’s dad donated a kidney to his sister who was then battling the deadly autoimmune disease Lupus. Both of their triumphant recoveries were enhanced by a nutrient-rich antioxidant formula suggested by their family’s holistic doctor. Being so impressed by this formula due to it helping to quickly return both family members back to full health, Parrish began experimenting with other uses of it and found that it was incredibly effective in helping prevent or recover from a hangover. It worked so well he felt that this revolutionary finding should be shared with the world and thus NEVER TOO HUNGOVER was born. NEVER TOO HUNGOVER is now available to the public. In early 2013 Parrish connected with members of the Maloof Family, successful entrepreneurs, who acquired the brand and are now expanding distribution eager to help people drink healthy, stay productive and feel great.
Black Ink PR
Margot (at) blackinkpr.com
(323) 867-5006 Office
(323) 376-376-6787 Cell
Related Links:Continue reading →
- Brand New: Liberal Leggings that Make Your Political Point
Los Angeles, CA, March 2017 – Go ahead, step into the political fray – it’s trending steeply — by combining your hip casual wear style with a bold statement about what really matters. Not only are the Liberal Leggings/capris incredibly comfortable and fashionable, they make it clear what you stand for.
Choose from the classy styled PEACE AND LOVE, RESIST, WE GO HIGH, THE FUTURE IS FEMALE, NEVERTHELESS SHE PERSISTED and more.
In popular classic colors from black and pink to fuchsia and turquoise, the millennials (at heart) will love the emoticon translated✌&♥ (Peace and Love).
Have fun with your liberal or feminist politics, while still putting “America First” as this fashion line is Made in the USA from high quality fabrics. Right in time for fun, frisky spring wear and summer’s right around the corner – find them at Amazon ($49.00 USD) under Liberal Leggings Plangea or click here.
About Plangea Inc.
Liberal Leggings was founded in 2017 on the principle that democracy and equal citizen rights are often best defended by dedicated, visionary, citizens standing up for what they believe in.
Plangea Inc,, the parent company for Liberal Leggings, was founded by dad-of-four (3 of them daughters) John Westgarth who received sun protective swimwear from a friend in New Zealand and became convinced that this was the best way to protect his kids from skin cancer. In 2002 the company introduced the Tuga Sunwear brand – a full line of highly fashionable, highly protective swimwear for kids. A line for adults and also pets soon followed. As a small, family owned company John is proud to have built an employee (and pet) friendly work environment that is also socially and environmentally conscious. Based in California, it is 100% solar powered.
Contact for Information, Interviews, Photos and Press Samples:
Black Ink PR
Margot Black / margot (at) black inkpr.com / O: (323) 876-5006 / C: (323) 376-6787
Follow Plangea/Liberal Leggings on Social Media at:
Follow Plangea/Tuga Sunwear on Social Media at:
- Black Ink PR Wins Two PRism Awards at 2016 PRSA-LA Annual Awards
Los Angeles, CA — Nov. 18, 2016 – Black Ink PR (“BIPR”), a boutique public relations agency specializing in global tourism, travel and lifestyle brands, today announced it is pleased and proud to have won two PRism “Awards for Excellence” at the 52nd Annual Public Relations Society of America – L.A. (“PRSA-LA”) Awards Show.
PRSA-LA is comprised of nearly 600 agency, in-house and independent public relations… Read MoreContinue reading →
- Black Ink PR Wins Prestigious 2016 Visit California Poppy Award for Best PR Campaign
Hollywood, CA – February 26, 2016 – Black Ink PR partners Margot Black and Jeanne Sullivan just took home the state’s top honor for tourism public relations and marketing – a Visit California Poppy Award. The team accepted the Best PR Campaign award in their category at a special gala Tuesday evening, Feb. 23, in Oakland, California.
The prestigious biennial Visit California Poppy Awards are a biennial honor the best and brightest of California tourism promotion. Winners were… Read MoreContinue reading →
- Black Ink PR Wins Two Prism Awards at PRSA-LA 51st Annual Awards
Los Angeles, CA — Nov. 9, 2015 – Black Ink PR (“BIPR”), a boutique public relations agency specializing in global tourism, travel, lifestyle brands and entrepreneurs, today announced it won two major Awards for Excellence at the 51st Annual PRSA-LA PRism Awards Show this past Wednesday night.
The Public Relations Society of America, L.A. Chapter (“PRSA-LA”) bestowed its highest honors on BIPR for Excellence in two…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Sunset SAVOR The Central Coast Wins Nations Most Outstanding Food Event at 6th Annual TASTE Awards
LOS ANGELES, CA (Jan. 16, 2015) – Thursday night, Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast – one of the country’s premier wine and food events -‐-‐ devoured the competition at the prestigious 6th Annual Taste Awards, where Hollywood luminaries honor the world’s best achievements in food, fashion, home and lifestyle events as well as programs on television, film, online and radio… Read MoreContinue reading →
- Scott Thomas of Scott Thomas Interior Design Named a Featured HGTV.com Designer
Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 6, 2014– Scott Thomas Interior Design, a producer of electric and eclectic original designs for all styles of homes and workplaces, today announced its principal designer, Scott Thomas, has been named a Featured HGTV.com Designer… Read MoreContinue reading →
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Spend the Holidays in San Luis Obispo County on California’s Central Coast
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California (Nov 5, 2014) – The holidays are just around the corner and instead of thinking about hectic shopping, entertaining, or getting your work done with everyone in vacation mode… Read MoreContinue reading →
- Premier Tours Featured in Prestigious 2014 Wendy Perrin WOW List; CEO Julian Harrison Designated “Trusted Travel Expert” for Southern Africa
Philadelphia, PA – October 15, 2014 – Premier Tours, a leading African travel and tour firm, today announced it has been featured as a “Trusted Travel Expert”… Read MoreContinue reading →
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Launches New Friday Night Events in Pismo Beach: Winemaker Dinner Series Stars Culinary Luminaries Tanya Holland and Regional Chefs/Vintners
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) Organizers for Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast the West Coast’s premier wine and food event Sept. 25 - 28 just unveiled their exciting new Friday night…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Four Winning Chefs Converge in San Luis Obispo to Compete in the Lamb Jam “Masters” Finale
Culinary Cook Off brings Top Chefs Together at Savor the Central Coast Food Festival Fans of American lamb are in for a culinary treat on Sunday, September…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Final Evening Event for Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Promises “Good Vibrations” with Intimate Concert by Beach Boys Icon Brian Wilson at Vina Robles Amphitheatre: Tickets on Sale; First 400 Guests Receive a Torani Pi
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) Organizers promise a night of “Good Vibrations” and “Fun, Fun Fun” as California legend Brian Wilson with Al Jardine co founders of the Beach Boys takes the stage…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Tickets Are Selling Fast at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast: Popular Celebrity Chef and Vintner Seminars, Adventure Tours and Sunset at Hearst Castle Tickets Available
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) Organizers for Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast winner of the 2014 Fame Award for Best Epicurean Event announced today that tickets are selling fast for the popular wine and food…Read MoreContinue reading →
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: San Luis Obispo County Locals Only Discount Now Available to Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast through August 31 – Save on Main Event Tickets
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) San Luis Obispo County residents can now take advantage of the special “locals only” discount to experience Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Winner of the 2014 Fame Award for Best Epicurea…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Tickets Go on Sale Today with Exclusive $100 Weekend Pass Price through May Only: Surprises for 2014 Include New VIP Packages, Celebrity Chefs and New Events
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) Fresh from winning the 2014 Fame Award for Best Epicurean Event Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast organizers today announced plans to dish up plenty…Read MoreContinue reading →
- “SLOW” Down for the Holidays with Pure Play in San Luis Obispo County’s Charming Coastal College and Wine Country Towns Get in the Holiday Spirit with these Great Hotel Deal, Events and Activities
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA — November 21, 2013 — With retailers, family and bosses pinging us every minute to get all the gift buying and other preparations made, it might seem like there’s no way to avoid the holiday hysteria…Read MoreContinue reading →
- San Luis Obispo County’s Paso Robles to Host Two Major Wine Events in 2014: Wine Tourism Conference Nov. 12-14, and Great American Wine Festival Nov. 15
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA — November 19, 2013 — Save the date! Visit San Luis Obispo (“SLO”) County is proud to announce Paso Robles has been selected to host the West Coast’s top two 2014 wine events: the Wine Tourism Conference Nov. 12 to 14, and the Great American Wine Festival Nov. 15, 2014. Located mid-way between San Francisco and Los Angeles, SLO County includes some of central California’s popular communities and travel destinations — from laid-back surfing haven Pismo Beach and artsy college hub SLO to…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Nikki’s Magic Wand, Revolutionary Savior of Expensive Cosmetics, Goes Global – Save Hundreds of Cosmetics Dollars; Look like a Million Bucks Doing it
Pittsburgh, PA – November 13, 2013 – Nikki’s Magic Wand, producer of the revolutionary Magic Wand that enables consumers to access that remaining 20 percent of concealer, lip gloss or mascara that otherwise remains unused at the bottom of the tube, today announced it is launching its first mass market campaign in time for the holiday season…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Lizou Unveils New Fall Line of 5-Wrap Semi-Precious Jewelry
Nevada City, California – November 6, 2013 – The Lizou Collection, designers of fun, trendy and hip fashionable jewelry, today proudly announced the launch of its much anticipated 2013 Fall line of “5-Wrap” jewelry (see over 160 styles!) at: http://is.gd/oCoAVM.
Led by its Founder Lize Hottegindre, the new 5-Wrap line combines the understated elegance of California casual with her French European roots to produce a multi-layered look that provides alluring beauty, sparkle and…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Main Event Promises to be Bigger, Better than Ever: Meet Celebrity Chefs and Vintners and Dive into more Travel and Adventure.
San Luis Obispo County, CA– September 11, 2013 – This year’s Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast – the West Coast’s premier wine and food event – promises to be bigger and better than before, with chances to meet some of the nation’s hottest celebrity chefs and winemakers, and dive into more travel and adventure. Taking place Sept. 26-29 at locations throughout the Central Coast and the Main Event at Santa Margarita Ranch, Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast, has become the West Coast’s hot ticket for wine and food lovers…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Walk Japan Debuts New Tour – Adventures on Foot
Kyushu, Japan – July 22, 2013 – Walk Japan, the pioneer and premier provider of intimate, off-the-beaten-path walking tours in Japan, today noted The Land of the Rising Sun is on sale at “30 percent off.”…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Sunset SAVOR The Central Coast to Host Inaugural 5K/10K Savor Run
(San Luis Obispo County, CA) – Fitness lovers can get ready to race, taste and indulge at the new SAVOR Run on Sept. 29 – the latest addition to Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast – the leading wine and food event on the West Coast…Read MoreContinue reading →
- San Luis Obispo County’s Gone to the Dogs – Really Pet-Friendly Resorts, Beaches, Wineries, Parks, and Tours
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA (April 4, 2013) — Been working like a dog? Your pooch knows it too, and he wants you to take a vacation.Continue reading →
Join us in San Luis Obispo County, located mid-way between San Francisco and Los Angeles, where our communities will make you and your best friend feel like top dogs — from laid-back surfing haven Pismo Beach and artsy college hub San Luis Obispo to rustic wine town Paso Robles…Read More
- Laguna Uncorked! March 2013 Release
Laguna Beach, CA – March 4 , 2013 – Would you like to spend a month along the glorious coastline of world famous Laguna Beach, dine at 20 outstanding restaurants, visit 30 different wineries spanning California and globally — but can’t get the month off work or don’t have the vacation budget to cover it all?…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Laguna Uncorked! January 2013 Release
Laguna Beach, CA – January 28, 2013 – The Laguna Beach Visitors & Conference Bureau is proud to announce the second annual Laguna Beach Uncorked! An International Wine & Food Fest to be held Saturday, March 9, 2013. The ever popular Laguna Beach Uncorked! features an afternoon of tastings from 20 renowned Laguna Beach restaurants and 30 top wineries from around the world…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Premier Tours December 2012 Release
Philadelphia, PA –December 10, 2012– Premier Tours, a leading Africa travel and tour firm, specializing in African safaris, today announced that CEO Julian Harrison has been named to the exclusive Conde Nast list of Top Travel Specialists for the eleventh consecutive year…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Red Lion Hotel Anaheim July 2012 Release
Anaheim, CA, July 5, 2011– Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, located walking distance from Disneyland® Resort, was disappointed to learn that Britain’s newlyweds Prince William and his bride Kate Middleton will not be visiting Disneyland on their official visit to the U.S. in July. Accordingly, the hotel is offering all…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Savor the Central Coast June 2012 Release
June 26, 2012 (San Luis Obispo County, CA) – For those who are busy with summer plans and think they’ll be fashionably late in buying tickets to the event of the year on the California Coast – a glamorous evening at Hearst Castle with the editors of Sunset magazine– think again…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Savor the Central Coast May 29, 2012 Release
May 29, 2012 (San Luis Obispo County, CA) – Whether you’re a hard-core foodie or someone who just likes to rub elbows with celebrity chefs, at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast (Sept. 27-30) you’ll get up close and personal and learn best-kept culinary secrets from superstars Ted Allen, Emmy® Award winner, author and host of the Food Network’s “Chopped”; Aarti Sequeira, host of Food Network’s “Aarti Party”; and “Top Chef Masters’”Susan Feniger and Rick Moonen of Mandalay Bay…Read MoreContinue reading →
- Savor the Central Coast May 1, 2012 Release
May 1, 2012 (San Luis Obispo County, CA) – Look out New York, Aspen and South Beach. Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast is about to take the crown as the wine and food event of the year…Read MoreContinue reading →